If you have any questions about all things nails and beauty, then this is the place to be! Below you will find a wide variety of frequently asked questions.
If your question is not answered below, please use our Contact Us Form or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is a gel manicure?
- Our Make Them Gel polish’s use soak-off gel that resembles ordinary nail polish, but technically it is gel.
How do I apply gel nail polish?
- You simply apply a base coat, then apply two thin coats of the gel nail polish colour; if you want to Make Them Matte, you do not need to apply a topcoat, but for a glossed finish, you should apply a thin layer of topcoat. Each layer of gel then has to be cured under a UV or LED lamp.
- The base coat you put on with your gel manicure ensures the gel polish will adequately adhere to your nail.
What is ‘cured’?
- In basic terms, “Cured” means dry. Using a LED lamp or UV lamp designed for gel manicures will cure your nails.
Why do my nails feel sticky after I applied the topcoat?
- Once your topcoat has cured in the lamp – it is common to feel tacky/ sticky to the touch, not to worry - they are dry; this is just the ‘inhibition’ layer. You do have to wipe off the inhibition layer, but rest assured your gel manicure is dry and won’t dent or smudge. You just need to wipe off the sticky layer on your topcoat with a lint-free wipe with 91% alcohol or isopropyl alcohol. It’s important to understand that you don’t need to remove the sticky layer from every gel polish layer.
How long does it last?
- As long as you have cleaned and prepped your nails and followed the steps correctly, a gel polish manicure gives you shiny, chip-free wear for about 2 weeks or more.
How do you take off gel nail polish?
- We want your lives to be stress-free - that’s why we created our Gel Remover! The removal is just as easy as the application! If not, easier. To remove your Gel nail polish, all you have to do is buff your nails to remove some of the shine if you used a topcoat.
- Then apply a generous layer of our Gel Remover over the gel, avoiding contact with the skin. Leave this on for approximately 4 minutes. Yass girl! Your gel nail polish should now be ready to be removed.
Why don’t my darker nail colours won’t cure?
- Try curing longer. Sometimes darker colours just need a bit of extra time!
Does gel polish ruin your nails?
- Gel polish does not ruin your nails; however, improper application or removal can. Have a look at our special tips and tricks, and you’ll be fine.
How can I prevent my cuticles from damaging?
- Our Nourish Oil is made for this; it rehydrates and restores the cuticle and skin surrounding the nail. It is formulated with essential oils and helps to maintain healthy nails and cuticles. Also, please avoid ‘over buffing’ or buffing your nails unnecessarily. Make sure that you keep your cuticles nourished after manicures to preserve and protect them.
Can gel polish cure without a UV or LED lamp?
- No, unfortunately not. You will need a UV or LED lamp.
What’s the difference between a LED lamp and a UV lamp?
- Using an LED light to cure your gel will speed up the process significantly. An LED lamp can cure gel polish (base coat, gel colours, and topcoat) in less than 45 seconds. The light bulbs are long-lasting and do not need to be replaced. While a UV lamp cures gel polish in about 120 seconds. Please note that using UV or LED doesn’t affect the outcome of your manicure. It’s all about how you prep the nail, apply and take care of the nail that will determine its longevity.
Can I use regular nail polish with gel polish?
- Why would you want to do that?! Gel polish is formulated differently from ordinary nail polish. You cannot cure regular polish and won’t get as long-lasting results using standard nail polish.